2020 Holiday Gift Guides
I was hesitant to post gift guides this year….as much as I love finding and giving gifts to the people in my life, I really felt shallow talking about spending money while so many people are losing so much during this pandemic. So I made a deal with myself that I would go ahead and post ONLY if the gifts ideas I had been saving up were overwhelmingly from small businesses and makers, and since you’re seeing this post I am happy to report that they were. And while I’ve only highlighted one gift idea from each, all of these small stores are full of amazing and unique products so it’s worth browsing all that they have to offer!
Instead of breaking this year’s list down by recipient, I decided to break it down by the types of gifts I love to give and receive. And if you’re not in the position to spend a lot this year – I really think that there is nothing more appreciated (especially when we’re all stuck at home more than we’re used to) than a box full of snacks. This year I’m planning on putting together a lot of baskets with a mix of homemade goodies and some treats from a local specialty shop.
(Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase)
- I think artwork makes such a special present – you can frame a small print (like these gorgeous landscapes from Sarah Nightengale Art) for a new homeowner or someone who is always looking to add some color to their home.
- Kelly Money Art – my extremely talented friend’s cloud paintings are available by commission or her prints are available on Minted
- If you’re looking to send someone something a little more colorful, Ettavee offers original art, painted glass pieces, or art prints (I already pre-ordered a set of her gorgeous ornaments for next year)
- Diane Hill is a UK based watercolor artist – I have this print in my bedroom but she has a dreamy collection of botanical prints for sale
- Roma Osowo offers prints and original work on her website, or you can get a fun puzzle version of this awesome print!
- I’m really hoping to add this winter scene from North and Finch to my home this year – their beautiful oil-paint inspired landscapes are available as digital downloads or prints.
- My friends at The Art Nook have the perfect solution for remote learning with their Art Nook at Home art boxes. You can sign your kids up for a monthly subscription, or give someone else their Art Gift Box.
- My science loving boys put a few of these excavation kits on their list this year – my oldest especially wants this Dig It Up! Discoveries: Sea Life one.
- For younger kids try this beautiful set of wooden lacing beads from Shop Darling Clementine to help with fine motor skills and maybe give them that crafting bug early
- Paper Play and Wonder has the cutest collection of African American paper dolls available for digital download as well as finger puppets and these awesome puppet theater kits
- I was lucky enough to get to test out my own Zety DIY Arylic Lightbox this spring and I’ve been waiting to put it in this gift guide ever since! It’s easy enough for an older child to do on their own or with a little help from a parent.
- I don’t think it’s ever too early to encourage kids to start keeping a journal. Philly based Paper & Stylo has a great stationary bundle that includes a journal, pencil case, and some of her colorful candy pens.
- I need a set of stronger dish towels to hold up to the constant hand washing going on around here and these Cotton Waffle Weave Kitchen Towels from Home on Poplar Creek have been fantastic.
- We recently discovered a local maple syrup maker called Whiskey Hollow and not only are in love with their syrup but also their condiments (especially their tangy mustard) which comes as part of their Whiskey Hollow Charcuterie Sampler Pack
- I have been looking for the perfect set of Cotton String Bags to hang on my wall and hold my veggies for a while and I finally found a great set from EarthHero earlier this year – not only do they look good in the kitchen but they’re easy to throw in your purse to use at the grocery store
- A Penzey’s Spice Gift Box is a great gift for someone who has discovered a newfound love of cooking or backing during quarantine. My pick would be the salad lovers kit but they also have a BBQ kits, a baking kit, and an option to make your own.
- On my wishlist this year – The Boy who Bakes new cookbook One Tin Bakes.
- Mac’n by Mari is a Philly bakery buy they also ship their delicious macaron boxes – send someone a custom box for Christmas dinner or sign them up for a holiday subscription box to get some love all year.
- We got my husband this Don’t Talk to me Hoodie from our favorite family show – the Masked Singer – and he wears it all the time and says it’s super cozy. I’m sure the introvert in your life will get a kick out of it too.
- Being on my feet all day has gotten a lot more painful as I’ve gotten older so I couldn’t thank my friend of mine enough for recommending the Hoka Bondi 6 shoes to me to try out. They come in both men’s and women’s sizes and some really great color combos.
- I don’t wear a lot of jewelry but I do love me some statement earrings and I basically want every single pair that Greenhouse Mercantile sells – they’re simple but super chic.
- Another TShirt to add to my growing collection of weekend wear – Grandbaby Cakes Dope Doughnut T-Shirt
- While I don’t personally know anything about essential oils I know a lot of woman who love them, so when I saw the Olani wearable essential oil dispenser I thought it was such a cool and unique gift idea.
- Live Pretty on a Penny designs the best DIY Tshirt slogans – and even better she now has long sleeved versions
- Da Bomb Bath Bombs – my boys love the bright colors of the Hot Wheels bombs and I know they’re gonna be excited about these color changing ones
- My old bathrobe finally gave up on me so I upgraded to an Olive and Linen Turkish Towel Robe – it’s super light and great for the bathroom or the pool
- I’ve been spending a lot of time this year looking for non-plastic alternatives to my household supplies and one that I found was Blueland‘s foaming hand soap -for the holiday’s they’re offering a cute Blueland Holiday Hand Soap Duo that comes with two re-usable glass pumps
- When people comment how clean my house smells I point them towards the Rockaway Candle Co’s Citrus and Seashore Diffuser – it’s hands down the most fresh smelling scent I’ve found and I now keep one in each bathroom.
- I was lucky enough to be at one of my fav local stores Pineapple on Main the other night while they were unwrapping their new men’s skincare line and I was super impressed. Especially by this beautiful Shaving bowl and brush – the whole skincare line both looks and smells amazing!
- My lips always get super dry in the winter so for me this lip scrub kit from KNC Beauty sounds like a perfect stocking stuffer
- Even before Quarantine I knew that I really needed to keep my phone cleaner so this PhoneSoap Smartphone UV Sanitizer is on my wish list – especially because it also chargers while it sanatizes
- My youngest son really took to his STEM class this year so I really think he’s going to have fun with Osmo – Coding Family Bundle – you do need the Osmo Base to play but they have lots more fun and creative games to add to your collection
- My best purchase of the year was my Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner – it makes keeping my white coach clean so much easier
- My new favorite tool year is my Ryobi 6-1/2 in. Circular Saw – pair it with the Kreg Accu-Cut and the Kreg Rip Cut to easily cut large plywood boards
- My husband is always having to take his car to the gas station to vaccuum out our kids mess, so this year I got him a portable verion from ThisWorx
- Earlier this year we got each of our boys a Relay Screenless Phone/Walkie Talkie & GPS Tracker – they connect to our phone and we are able to talk to them anywhere and use the GPS tracker to locate them when it’s time to come home
- I bought myself a Peridot encrusted Tal and Bert Geode Air Plant Holder for my bedroom – and amazingly the plant is still alive! They have a ton of great designs that can be used for plants or candles.
- For my birthday my brother got me the best present – a subscription to Succulent Studios monthly gift box…each month I got two super cute succulents and a care card on how to keep them alive.
- Alisa Wismer–is the wonderful graphic artists responsible for my new logo – and she also has a great line of Cards and gifts, as well as a great book for art-loving kids called Let’s Talk About Modern Art Children’s Book
- Pineapple Sundays has so many cute greeting cards, art prints, a Keychain designs. As a Chicago native I’m pretty partial to this classic Chi-town hot dog.
- When we eventually get around to finishing our basement I plan to find a spot for a giant Lord of the Ring’s inspired map from Lord of Maps.
- Just Joy Shop sells beautiful metal-work Xmas decorations, like the new star I bought to go on my soon to be bedroom Christmas tree.
Ooh, these are great ideas! Ordering the Whiskey Hollow syrup immediately. Thank you so much for putting this together!
Enjoy it!!! It’s really delicious
Comments are closed.