If you’ve been following along with my monthly round ups over the last year you know that 52 weeks ago I started a challenge —— a challenge to stop procrastinating and finally knock off the all the home improvement tasks that have been lingering on the bottom of my to do list. And as we get ready to ring in the next decade tomorrow night I am excited to report that I made it through all 52 tasks on my list and damn it feels good!! In fact it feels so good I wanna invite all of you to join in and keep the good feeling going by officially starting the 52 Week Hilltown House Home Challenge!
I’m sure you have them – those small annoyances in your home that you know won’t take that long to fix, but somehow never seem to get done……and that’s what the 52 Week Hilltown House Home Challenge is all about. Tackling one item on your to do list each week for an entire year to create a happier home and more importantly a happier you.
Now for the rules……or not! Instead take the bones of this challenge and make them work for you and your lifestyle. But I will offer some advice to make you successful on your path:
- Start off by walking around your house and making your to do list (don’t forget to include your exterior too for the warmer months!) You can check out my list from last year below to get ideas too
- Don’t include anything too expensive (I tried not to go above $20) or anything that would take you longer than a day or two to finish
- Don’t include anything that would be dependent on someone else to do – the last thing you want is to be held up by someone else’s timeline.
- Tackle the easier things on your list during your busy months and save the more involved tasks for when you have a lighter schedule
- Stay motivated but give yourself a break if you need to! If you need to skip a week just make it up later or do something easy instead.
Now who’s ready to challenge themselves next year! Let me know by tagging me or using my Hashtag #hilltownhousechallenge whenever you cross something off that list. Let’s cheer each other on and take those 52 steps together this year! You can check out my lists from the last two year’s below if you need some inspo to get started.